Daily fresh news , Business news, News Videos, Finance news, Political News,Technology news, Games news,Celebrity news, Music news, Here.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Corporates are welcome but....: Aamir Khan



New Delhi (PTI): Bollywood actor-director Aamir Khan is appreciative of the corporate houses entering the film production but wonders whether their movies would have proper scripts that "truly entertain audience".

The maker of box-office hit 'Taare Zameen Par' feels that the corporates would take time to establish themselves in the film world.

"It is good that the corporates are entering the film industry but there is no use of putting someone from the sectors like telecom or any other such sectors to head film production houses," Khan, who is known for making unconventional films like 'Mangal Pandey' and 'Lagaan', said.

"I have been reading scripts for the last 20 years. The corporates are just a baby and time should be given to them. It is very important to select the right script," he said while speaking at the India Today Conclave, here on Saturday.

Giving examples of his own movies, he said, "Had I taken the script of 'Lagaan' to a corporate house, I am sure most likely, they would not have agreed to make a movie with rural background and actors in 'dhotis'. At that time, movies were all about foreign locations and designer clothes."

Khan said, "The same would have been the case with 'Taare Zameen Par' (TZP). They most likely would not have agreed to make a film, if I told them the theme was child care and education. It is important to have people on board who can select good scripts".

Terming himself as a complete entertainer, he said, "I listen to scripts all the time. When I listen to them, I think and feel like an audience. If a script can make me move, cry, laugh, then I am sure it would do the same to the audience".

"When I heard the script of TZP for the first time, I cried. I am told, that is exactly what most of the audience did".

No comments: